Friday, October 31, 2014

The Busy Teacher and Mom Planner & a Friday Flash FREEBIE

I love teaching and spend every minute of the school day in "teacher mode".  But then 4:00 rolls around...and it's back to "mom mode".  That's when a new kind of craziness erupts.  It's not the craziness that can occur during a 4th grade Science experiment.  It's the craziness that occurs when you have 4 kids ranging in ages 1 to 11 packed into a mini van and  feeding them after school snacks while you are in route to the 5 year old's gymnastic class and checking the 8 year old's Math homework at the stop light.  Yep...this happens to me quite frequently.  What's my main goal during these times?  To remain calm and organized. :)

I have used many planners over the past few years...and have found something I didn't like about each and every one of them.  So, I created my own.  


I purchased this Mead notebook from Staples.  It is really more of a binder than a notebook but is not bulky like a binder.  It fits in my purse! (It's a large purse...but it does fit!)




I use the front pocket folder for important papers that need immediate attention.


Then I put in the pages of my planner.


The next pocket folder is for my kid's school papers.


Then I have a pocket folder for the kid's sports papers and a separate pocket folder for my grocery lists.


The organizational possibilities are endless, but this is what works for me at this moment.

To download my 2015 Planner FREEBIE, click on the picture below.

Enjoy!




Today's Flash Freebie is a set of Triangles and Angles Task Cards.


This is a set of Task Cards suitable for 4th, 5th, 6th Grade Math. Students measure the angles of a triangle and name the triangle as either acute, right, or obtuse. (There are equilateral triangles too!)

I printed and laminated off several sets to be used as a Math center in my room. That is one option. 

You could print off enough sets for every student, pairs of students, or even small groups of students.

You could also use as an assessment tool.

Common Core Aligned for 4th Grade.

Included is a recording sheet and an answer key!



To download this FREEBIE, click on the picture below!




0 comments:

Post a Comment